Submitted by Dimittee Cooper
- 1 X 2kg Chuck Roast or any other pice of cheap Beef
- Oil or butter for browning Roast
- 1 tablespoon dried Bacon pieces eg, "Hormel" brand or similar
- 1 X 37gm packet Maggi Mushroom soup ( can use 1 pkt CUPPA mushroom soup if you can't get the larger packet)
- Arrowroot flour or Cornflour for thickening sauce , if needed.
- Season roast with salt and cracked pepper and quickly seal/brown roast in tablespoon of oil or butter in a warm to hot frypan.
- Remove roast and pour off oil/butter but leave any bits of pepper or meat.
- Do not wash frypan!
- Return Pan to heat. Mix 1 heaped tablespoon of dried Bacon bits and packet of soup with 1 cup water and heat in frypan, stirring quickly. Soup mixture will go VERY "gluggy" .
- Place 2 spoons of soup mixture in bottom of slow cooker, place roast on to this then scrape remainder of soup mixture over roast, lid on and "walk away" !
- Thicken sauce (if needed) just before serving with Arrowroot or Cornflour mixed with water to paste consistency and stir through roast sauce.
- Cook for 7 hours automatic ( my Auto slow cooker cooks on high for 4 hrs then switches to low)
- NB if thickening sauce, remove roast while you are doing this.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think