Submitted by Julie-Ann Waterhouse
Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
- 3 cups chopped Rhubard
- 1 cup chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour ( can use gluten free flour)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Crumble Topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of almond meal (can use oats as well).
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon *optional*
- - Grease Slow cooker well with cooking oil spray.
- - In a large bowl combine sugar, flour and vanilla essence.
- - Add Rhubarb and Strawberries to the dry mix and combine.
- - Pour into slow cooker.
- Crumble Topping:
- - In a bowl combine butter, brown sugar and mix with a fork.
- - Add the almond meal ( or oats) and cinnamon, mix to combine
- - Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the Rhubard and Strawberry mixture.
- - Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours ( the last half hour of cooking remove the lid to allow extra moisture to evaporate.
- - Serve with cream, custard or ice cream and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!