Submitted by Sherrie Sutcliffe
Red Apple Roses
- 2 red apples
- 1 orange (1/2 orange per apple)
- 1 sheet pastry
- Jam (I used apricot and strawberry, each in separate roses)
- Slice a large, red apple in half. From the halves, slice into very thin slices. In a bowl, cover apple slices with water and the juice of half an orange. Cover and microwave 3 minutes until soft.
- On a floured surface, add 1 sheet of pastry and stretch it out a bit. Cut into 6 even strips. Add jam to your strips and way down add the apple slices (horizontally), about 4 slices per strip), so they are on the edge of the pastry. Then gently roll up. Add baking paper to slow cooker and then add roses.
- (Note: Roses have were then placed on a pavlova with pink marshmallow cream.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!