Submitted by Carly Fitzgerald
Quinoa & Chorizo Stuffed Capsicums with Rolled Steak
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of pumpkin cut in to cubes and partially cooked
- ½ tin of mixed beans
- ¼ cup of low fat sundried tomatoes
- 1 chorizo diced
- ¼ cup of low fat grated cheese
- 1 tbsn basil pesto
- 4 small red capsicums
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rolled Steak
- Topside steak
- Bacon rashes
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced haloumi
- Baby spinach
- Basil pesto
- Cooking twine
- Prepare the steak by placing the bacon, basil pesto, avocado, haloumi and baby spinach at the thicker end of the steak. Season with pepper, then roll and secure with the cooking twine.
- Prepare the capsicums by cutting around the stem of the capsicum and remove the seeds and membrane. Place all the prepared ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Fill the prepared capsicums with the mixture.
- Place the rolled steak around the outside of the slow cooker and put the capsicums in the middle. Cook on low for 3 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!