Submitted by Roslyn Potter
Quick Easy Pasties
- 400g mince
- 1/2 can of chunky beef & vegetable soup (I used Heinz, you can use whichever brand you choose)
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 small onion (diced)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg (whisked)
- Prebrown mince (optional), drain fat and add to sc bowl.
- Mix soup, herbs, salt & pepper, onion together and pour onto mince.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- I stirred every 30 minutes to prevent burning of the edges. (depending on your sc'er you may not need to stir)
- Take mince out and wait to cool.
- Once cool, cut each sheet of puff pastry into 2 triangles (cut diagonally).
- Put about 1/2 cup of mince onto pastry and fold the top over and crimp the edges.
- Lightly brush the top of each pastie with egg wash.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 25 minutes on 200 degrees
- ** This is using the 1.5Litre Woolies slow cooker.
- ** You can make pasties directly once the mince is cooked, however the bottom may go soggy
- ** I prebrown mince, however if you choose not to, it may take longer to cook
- ** This recipe could easily be doubled, but use a bigger slow cooker
- ** This recipe could also be cooked on low for 6 - 8 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!