Submitted by Greg Mofflin
Pumpkin and bacon soup
- 1/2 Butternut pumpkin
- 1 small sweet potato
- 500 ml water.
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 rashers bacon diced
- Sour cream to taste.
- Peel and prepare sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Place all ingredients except bacon and Sour cream into slow cooker bowl,
- Add enough water to not quite cover contents.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until veggies are cooked.
- When cooked, remove about half of the liquid and set aside.
- Blitz the soup, slowly adding sufficient liquid until smooth and a desired consistency.
- Fry off bacon pieces until crispy, drain and add to soup.
- Sour cream can be added to soup or to individual serving.
- I used small portions to fit the 2.5L Westinghouse double pot slow cooker
- Ingredients can be altered and quantities increased / decreased to taste.
- I add the Sour cream to individual serving as my wife is not a fan.
- Keeps well in fridge for a few days.
- Don't forget the crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think