Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Pulled Pork with Mushroom sauce
- 1.5 - 2kgs Pork
- 1/2 kg Baby Carrots or thick sliced
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 750gms Mushrooms (swiss and button, sliced
- 400mls Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 300mls Cream (I used Zymil LF)
- 1 tblspn Parsley, fresh
- 1 tblspn Basil, fresh
- 1 tblspn Majoram, fresh
- 1 tblspn Oregano, fresh
- 1 tblspn Thyme, fresh
- 1 tblspn Corriander, fresh
- 1/2 tblspn Rosemary, fresh
- 3 Bay leaves, fresh
- 1/4 tspn Cumin
- 1tsp Tumeric
- 2 tspns Coconut Sugar
- pinch Cracked Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lemon, small
- 2 tblspns Cornflour
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker bowl.
- Sit pork on top.
- Tip vegetables and herbs over pork.
- Combine stock, cream, lemon juice, cumin, tumeric, sugar, pepper and cornflour in a jug. Pour over everything in slow cooker bowl.
- Cook for 3hrs high and 5-6hrs low (Contempo 5.5L sc)
- Remove bay leaves, shred and serve.
- Would feed 6-8 depending on what you serve with. I have some having with salad, some in bread rolls and some with rice.
- Egg, Gluten, Lactose and Soy free
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!