Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Pulled Cheesy Chicken
- 1.5 - 2kgs Chicken thighs
- 1/2 kg Baby Carrots or thick sliced
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 750 gms Mushrooms (swiss and button, sliced
- 250 mls Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 250 gms Cream Cheese (I'm using Liddells LF)
- 1 tblspn Parsley, fresh
- 1 tblspn Basil, fresh
- 1 tblspn Marjoram, fresh
- 1 tblspn Oregano, fresh
- 1 tblspn Thyme, fresh
- 1 tblspn Coriander, fresh
- 1/2 tblspn Rosemary, fresh
- 3 Bay leaves, fresh
- 1/4 tspn Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tspns Brown Sugar
- pinch Cracked Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lemon, small
- 2 tblspns Cornflour
- 4 rashers Bacon
- 150gm shaved Cheese
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker bowl.
- Sit chicken on top.
- Tip vegetables, herbs and cream cheese over chicken.
- Combine stock, lemon juice, cumin, tumeric, sugar, pepper and cornflour in a jug. Pour over everything in slow cooker bowl.
- Cooking high 5hrs (Contempo 5.5L sc)
- Remove bay leaves and shred.
- While shredding grill bacon until crispy.
- Bacon can be stirred through prior to serving or scattered over the top.
- Scatter shaved cheese over top.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think