Submitted by Daniele
Potato and Leek Soup - dairy free, with hidden veggies, toddler approved
- 6 potatoes (skin on cut in thirds)
- 1 leek (sliced white bit only)
- 1 brown onion (roughly sliced)
- 2.5 rashers middle bacon (cut in thirds, remove rind)
- 1 litre chicken stock (salt reduced)
- 250mL water
- 4 cloves garlic (cut in half)
- decent amount of ground pepper
- half head of brocoli
- 1 carrot (cut in quarters)
- 2 handfuls baby kale
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours. Use stick mix to puree. Eat.
- You can dice the leftover half a bacon rasher and cook in fry pan to garnish top of individual bowls of soup. I had every intention of doing that, but hungry toddler meant it was skipped.
- The last 3 ingredients were added to test out whether I could get the veggie adverse toddler to eat veggies hidden in 'potato soup'. It worked!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!