Submitted by Amanda Childs
Pork and Beef Meatballs with Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 kg pork and beef mince combined (I did 500g of each).
- 1/3 cup grated parmesian cheese
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 500g tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 350g rigatoni pasta
- 1: Combine mince, garlic, cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- 2: Heat Oil in a saucepan over medium heat Add onion and celery . Cook stirring for 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add tomato paste, sugar and 6 cups of water. Stir through.
- 3: Roll mince mixture into balls of about 20g a ball
- 4:Transfer mixture into a 5L slow cooker. Add meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- 5: Add Pasta and cook for a further 45 minutes.(I also added 4 tablespoons of cornflour to 1 cup of water to thicken the juices when I added the pasta in.)
- 6: serve with some more parmesian cheese sprinkled on top.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think