Submitted by Judy tiziani
pork adobo tagalog style
- Approx 8 pork rashers/ribs cut into strips
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 tblspn minced garlic
- 2 good teaspn of minced ginger or about 1 inch grated ginger
- 3 - 4 med potatoes cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspns chicken stock powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup manis (sweet soy)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (you can use any vinegar but this is nicer)
- 3 tblesp brown sugar
- 1/2 teasp black pepper
- Salt not needed because of the soy.
- Pour everything except the meat into the slow cooker. Mix it well. Add meat and stir to coat
- Cook on low for 6 hours approx
- When cooked take out the meat and simmer the sauce until it thickens. (Added some cornflour blended with water for quicker result)
- Put the pork back into the slow cooker and serve with rice.
- This can be made with chicken pieces in with the pork, or chicken alone but not breasts - they tend to dry out.
- Is nicer next day.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think