Submitted by Paulene Christie
Porcupines in BBQ Sauce
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1/2 cup raw long grain white rice
- 1 large grated onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic to taste
- Flour to dust
- 400g can of diced/crushed tomatoes
- 420g can cream of tomato soup concentrate
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- Combine mince, rice, onion, salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl.
- With clean hands, combine mix well and form into approximately golf ball sized balls.
- Roll each ball lightly in plain flour to coat and place gently in bottom of slow cooker in single layer.
- Combine tomatoes, soup, sauce and sugar and mix well. Pour gently over the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for approx 6hrs.
- Lovely served with penne pasta and fresh vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!