Submitted by Lisa casey
Pizza scrolls with tomato pesto
- 3 cups of SRF
- Italian herbs
- 1 ts garlic salt
- 200 grams butter
- I cup of milk
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- 2 tbs tomato pesto
- 3 cups of grated cheese
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 tin chopped pineapple
- Half a jar of sliced roasted red peppers
- 5-6 bacon rashers
- Mix flour and butter with your fingers to form a texture like breadcrumbs,
- add Italian herbs, garlic salt & milk to form a dough,
- roll out to a rectangle on a floured bench top.
- Mix tomato paste and tomato pesto together and spread on the dough,
- sprinkle on most of the cheese then layer all the other ingredients.
- I leave the bacon until last to help hold everything in place.
- Roll up tightly but gently.
- Cut thick slices and put in SC on baking paper.
- Sprinkle the left over cheese on top of slices.
- Place a tea towel under lid.
- Cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours on high
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!