Submitted by Stephanie Poole
- Dough Ingredients:
- 2 Cups of warm whole milk
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of plain flour (plus 1/2 cup extra, set aside)
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 grams yeast
- Filling ingredients:
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Grafted cheese
- Onion, diced & raw
- Bacon, diced & cooked
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- You can use as much or as little as you want in the filling and keep some for over the top of the mixture
- Mix the milk, olive oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle over the yeast - don't mix.
- Let this sit for 10 minutes then add 4 cups of plain flour, sifted.
- Now stir the mixture together.
- Cover and set aside and let rise in the bowl for at least an hour.
- After rising for at least an hour, add 1/2 more cup of flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda, salt, 1/4 teaspoon Italian herbs and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Knead dough for a couple of minutes on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle about 1/4"thick. (You will need to cut the dough in half as there is a lot but you can freeze for next time.)
- Spread sweet chilli sauce all over with a spoon, add the grated cheese, onion and bacon. Add some chives and salt and pepper. You could also add a sprinkle of garlic powder and Italian herbs.
- Roll the dough up like a swiss roll and with a sharp knife cut into slices.
- Place into a pre-heated slow cooker with baking paper on high for 2 hours with a tea towel under the lid.
- Add more cheese, bacon and onion over the top and drizzle with a little more sweet chilli sauce and then serve with fresh parsley.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think