Submitted by Felicity Barnett
- Approx 8 cups of Pineapple, peeled, cored and cut in bite size chunks (2cm) (2 Whole pineapples)
- 1/4-1/3 cup Brown Sugar (depending how sweet your pineapple is)
- 1 tspn Cinnamon or 1-2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, grated
- 1 cup White Cabbage, grated
- 1 cup Beetroot (Whole, cooked), finely sliced in sticks - Slow Cooked Roast Beetroot
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced
- Handful of Cilantro (Coriander), shredded
- Lime juice
- Stir the pineapple, sugar and cinnamon together in slow cooker bowl.
- Cook on high until soft (approx 2hrs).
- Remove lid at around the 1-1.5hr mark if there seems to be a lot of liquid.
- Can be served warm or cold. Will keep in fridge for 4-5 days in a firmly sealed container.
Savoury Option 1 SALAD (pictured)
- Toss 1-1.5 cups pineapple with cabbage, beetroot, spring onions and cilantro.
- Mix lime juice with 2 tblspns of pineapple juices and drizzle over salad.
- Serve as a side salad with roast pork, pulled pork, pulled chicken, grilled chicken or steak.
Savoury Option 2 RELISH
- Combine 1-1.5 cups pineapple with Cilantro (Coriander) and lime juice.
- Serve as an accompaniment to roast pork, pulled pork or pulled chicken.
- Serve with ice cream, yoghurt or sorbet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!