Submitted by Ange Marie
- 1.6-2kg Pickled pork with bone in
- 3 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 Large onion, quartered
- 1 Leek, roughly chopped
- Some celery tops leaves and small stems (about a handful)
- 3 Bay leaves
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 8 Cloves
- 1 tsp Chicken stock powder
- Enough cold water to quarter cover the meat.
- Put everything in the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hrs or until meat is coming away from the bone.
- Leave the meat in the juices until your ready to serve it.
- Serve with your favourite sides.
- Leaving the meat in the juices until your ready to serve it helps stop the meat shrinking and keeps it warm.
- I used the sunbeam secretchef so depending on your slow cooker cooking times may vary.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think