January 22, 2019
This potato bake is very creamy - not quite a low fat option. It tastes amazing and could be used to feed a large tribe. A winner in our house.
4 hrs 30 mins
1.2kg peeled and finely sliced potatoes
5 rashers of bacon - diced
1 large onion sliced thinly
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1 tablespoon mixed herbs (optional)
600-900mL of cooking cream 1.5 cups of grated 'pizza' or 'baking' grated cheese
ground black pepper as desired
1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
11. Cook bacon and onion on the saute feature of slow cooker (otherwise in a frypan) until moderately cooked.
22. Turn slow cooker off.
33. Remove bacon and onion and place in a bowl to the side.
44. Grease inside of slow cooker bowl
55. layer potatoes to make a 1 - 1 1/2 slice thick layer on base of bowl.
66. Sprinkle some bacon and onion over the potatoes.
77. repeat this step until all potatoes and bacon/onion mix are used.
88. Pour cream over the top of the potatoes. (Containers are 300mL each so use between 2 and 3 depending on the desired 'creaminess')
99. Sprinkle some chives and herbs and pepper on top of the cream and potatoes.
1010. Set slow cooker to HIGH, add a tea towel under the lid and cook for 2 hours. Reduce to LOW and cook for a further 2-2.5 hours.
1111. NOTE: 30 minutes before serving add cheese over the top of potatoes and remaining herbs, chives and pepper. Replace lid and tea towel and continue cooking.
1212. Potato Bake can be kept on WARM once cooked for up to an hour.
1313. A Breville 6.5L Searing Slow Cooker was used for this recipe.
Submitted by Leigh Baker
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.