Perfect Potato Bake
January 22, 2019
This potato bake is very creamy - not quite a low fat option. It tastes amazing and could be used to feed a large tribe. A winner in our house.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs 30 mins
- Yields: At least 6 side serves, but could easily stretch to 8.
11. Cook bacon and onion on the saute feature of slow cooker (otherwise in a frypan) until moderately cooked.
22. Turn slow cooker off.
33. Remove bacon and onion and place in a bowl to the side.
44. Grease inside of slow cooker bowl
55. layer potatoes to make a 1 - 1 1/2 slice thick layer on base of bowl.
66. Sprinkle some bacon and onion over the potatoes.
77. repeat this step until all potatoes and bacon/onion mix are used.
88. Pour cream over the top of the potatoes. (Containers are 300mL each so use between 2 and 3 depending on the desired 'creaminess')
99. Sprinkle some chives and herbs and pepper on top of the cream and potatoes.
1010. Set slow cooker to HIGH, add a tea towel under the lid and cook for 2 hours. Reduce to LOW and cook for a further 2-2.5 hours.
1111. NOTE: 30 minutes before serving add cheese over the top of potatoes and remaining herbs, chives and pepper. Replace lid and tea towel and continue cooking.
1212. Potato Bake can be kept on WARM once cooked for up to an hour.
1313. A Breville 6.5L Searing Slow Cooker was used for this recipe.
Submitted by Leigh Baker