Submitted by KERRY
Pear & Walnut Chutney
- 8 Ripe Pears peeled and diced
- 2 Large Granny Smith Apples peeled and diced
- 2 Large Brown Onions peeled and cut into slivers
- 1 cup of chopped Dates
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 1 cup of Sultanas
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of White Vinegar
- 10 Cardamom Pods crushed
- Cracked Pepper
- I cooked my chutney in a 6.5L Slow Cooker
- Peel and Dice the required ingredients.
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker onto low setting and stir periodically.
- Cook approximately 5 hours on LOW until the mixture has a chutney consistency.
- If mixture needs to be thicken add a cornflour and water runny paste and stir through mixture thoroughly for another 5 - 10 minutes
- Ladle hot chutney into sterilized jars and seal, Label when cool.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think