Submitted by Nadine McKellar
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8tbs butter
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Remove from heat.
- Put the butter in sc and melt on high. (I started the melting process in the microwave and finished it in the sc).
- Mix 1 cup sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. DO NOT STIR. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Batter will rise to the top during cooking.
- Cook on HIGH for approx 90 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think