Submitted by Melissa Ray
Passata (Pasta sauce)
- Fresh tomatoes (Unsure of exact measurement - just kept going until bowl was full)
- 1 leek or 2 onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Bunch fresh basil
- Bunch fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop tomatoes, filling up the slow cooker bowl until almost full.
- Roughly chop leek/onion and garlic and putting into slow cooker bowl.
- Pick leaves off basil and oregano and sprinkle over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally if needed. Once cooked blitz with stick blender until smooth.
- Then pour into sterilized jars. Should get 5-6 jars worth out of one batch.
- Please note all measurements are just rough and can be altered to suit.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think