Submitted by Amy Blore
Oyster Kilpatrick Pie
- 1kg mince beef
- 300grams diced ham
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 5tablespoons Maggi gravy
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 3 tins smoked oysters
- Place mince in slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour
- After an hour add the diced bacon, 5 tablespoons of Maggi gravy, 1/4cup BBQ sauce, the oil out of the tin oysters and the Worcestershire sauce if adding it... Mix it all up and cook for a further 1.5 hours...
- Once mixture is cooked add the tins of oysters and mix gently being very cautious not to mash the oysters as u want them to be whole...
- Then add the mixture to your desired pie making method... I used a pie maker to make mine and the pies were cooked in 5mins
- Perfection at its best
- Alternately u can make the mince as per method instructions but leave the diced bacon and oysters out, fry ur bacon and when putting ur pie together place the mince mix on bottom then place ur tin oysters on top then the fried diced bacon... Give a little squirt of BBQ sauce then put ur pie top on and cook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!