Submitted by Julee Riddell
Omelettes in bags
- Sandwich size snap lock bags,
- 3 eggs per bag
- *any combination* make everybody's omelette individually! just how they like it.
- Some ideas.....ham, cheese, bacon, onion, shallots, mushrooms, potato gems, tomato, baby spinach, smoked salmon, asparagus.......
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place ingredients into bags in small portions and seal.
- Shake to combine, re-open and pour in egg.
- Re seal, trying to squeeze out as much air as possible.
- Submerge in cooker, half full of hot water. I tried to keep the tops out a bit in case of leaks.
- Cook until egg is nice and set, 2hrs on high, slide out and enjoy!
- *Please make your own judgement call regarding your views on cooking in plastic bags and be sure to use bags that are safe to do so in. If in doubt check with manufacturer *
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think