My Mum’s old fashioned, family casserole recipe, that warms you to the soul. Melt in the mouth lamb chops and flavour packed gravy, that’s just perfect for cold winter nights.
Submitted by Tracey Laing
Old Favourite Casserole Chops
My Mum's old fashioned, family casserole recipe, that warms you to the soul. Melt in the mouth lamb chops and flavour packed gravy, that's just perfect for cold winter nights.
- 6 lamb forequarter chops (or blade steak equivalent)
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 3 -4 tomatoes, thick sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1-2 chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown vinegar
- 1 heaped tblspn brown sugar
- 2 dessert spoons beef stock powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tblspn Cornflour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Layer chops, sliced onions and sliced tomatoes, garlic and chilli in slow cooker.
- Mix together sauces, vinegar, sugar, stock powder & water, and pour over meat and veggies.
- Cook on high, for 3 hrs.
- About 30 minutes before serving, thicken with 1 tblsnb cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!