Submitted by Judy Maughan.
Old Fashion Bread and Butter Pudding
- 6 slices buttered bread cut into quarters, crust on
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Grease slow cooker.
- Layer 1/2 the bread decoratively across base.
- Scatter over 1/2 sultanas.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk. Pour mix gently over the bread.
- Cook on High with tea towel under lid for 2 hours.
- Serve with fruit in season and ice cream or cream. Yum.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think