Yummy comfort food!
The delicious flavours of apple, caramel and cake – what’s not to love!
Submitted by Joanne Talarico
Nannas apple pie
Yummy comfort food! The delicious flavours of apple, caramel and cake - what's not to love!
- Spray oil.
- 2 x 800g cans of apple pie filling.
- 1 cup of caramel topping.
- 2 x 340g packets of vanilla cake mix made into batter as per their packet instructions.
- Custard or ice cream to serve
- Place apple pie filling in slow cooker.
- Then evenly pour in 1 cup of caramel topping.
- Make up cake mix batter and evenly pour on top.
- Slow cooker on high, tea towel under the lid and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve with custard or ice cream.
- Note: For full recipe use a 5 or 6 litre cooker and for half recipe use a 3 litre cooker.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!