Submitted by Simon christie
Moroccan Vegetable Medley (Weight Watcher Friendly)
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and 1cm diced
- 200 grams pumpkin 1cm diced
- 2 medium/large mushrooms 1cm diced
- 2 carrots 1cm diced
- 1 cup green onions/scallions 1cm sliced
- 2 small onions rough diced
- 1/4 cup dried peas
- 1 clove fresh crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- Place potato, pumpkin, carrot, onion, garlic, Moroccan seasoning and olive oil into your cooker on HIGH and mix together. Lid on for 1 and 1/2 hours or until your potato is half done and softening around the edges. Gently stir if you have the opportunity.
- Add peas and mushrooms and GENTLY stir. Replace lid and cook on HIGH for another hour.
- Add green onions and GENTLY stir. Replace lid and cook on HIGH for a final half hour.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
9 thoughts on “Moroccan Vegetable Medley (Weight Watcher Friendly)”
Sounds wonderful will definately try this!
Are the dried peas soaked and cooked in any way first as 1.5hours in the slow cooker doesnt seem enough to cook peas from dried.
No they go in dry 🙂
We do it often and they are always cooked by the end
What main dishes do you have this with? Thank you.
Anything really … we just use it as a vegetable side dish as you would any main
Great with chicken or steak or sausages too 🙂
Sounds delicious,could you use frozen peas instead of dried?
Yes you sure could use frozen peas Brenda 🙂
I make this often. I also add pefled diced orange Kumara and sometimes a drained can of chick peas.
Any leftovers become round two. Soup
I blitz the left overs adding vege stock to get the right consistency. I leave some aveges a bit chunky. Also add a bit of harrissa paste occasionally.
I added frozen peas at the end as it was
what I had, we both really enjoyed it. Will definitely make it again. Love that you can use whatever veg you have.