Submitted by Kym
Moroccan Lamb Shanks
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 Tblsp Moroccan seasoning
- 2 Tblsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Place onion on bottom of slow cooker with cinnamon stick.
- Lay shanks on top of onions.
- Mix together stock, seasoning, honey and garlic.
- Pour over shanks.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, add apricots to slow cooker. Replace lid & cook on low for further 1 hour.
- When complete, if you want a slightly thicker sauce, add a slurry of corn flour to the sauce.
- Serve with cous cous & tabouli.
- ** this also works well with lamb necks and other cuts of lamb**
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
4 thoughts on “Moroccan Lamb Shanks”
This is absolutely delicious. Turns out very tasty every time. You won’t be disappointed. Highly recommend.
I put this on at 10pm new Zealand time. When I woke up in the morning at 6am, I was instantly hungry from the smell through out the house, meat eas falling off the bones.
Served it with a cauliflower rice with black beans, corn and spinach mixed through it.
Sounds like it was delish!
Thanks for leaving your feedback 🙂
I didn’t have any dried apricots so when thickening sauce I added 2 tablespoons of apricot jam. We all enjoyed it and would make again.