Submitted by Cheryl Costin
- Chicken pieces on the bone (thighs, drumsticks work well)
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 2-3 carrots
- 2-3 potatoes (or substitute sweet potatoes for Paleo version)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch saffron
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes and carrots into large pieces and place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut onion into large diced, crush garlic, slice capsicum and add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken pieces to the slow cooker.
- Mix all spices together with the tin of tomatoes and pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 - 6 hours.
- Add peas and cook a further 2 hours or until peas are cooked.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think