Imagine a big tasty mushroom filled with garlic butter, bacon, tomato, spinach and topped with melted tasty cheese!
Imaging it? Bet you want it now!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Morning Mushrooms - Low Carb Friendly
Imagine a big tasty mushroom filled with garlic butter, bacon, tomato, spinach and topped with melted tasty cheese! Imaging it? Bet you want it now!
- 2 large flat mushrooms
- 2 tsps of garlic butter (or add your own minced garlic to regular butter)
- 4 cherry sized tomatoes, diced
- 6 baby spinach leaves, cut into strips
- 50g diced bacon
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Line slow cooker with baking paper
- Remove centre stalk gently from mushrooms
- Add half of the garlic butter, tomato, spinach and bacon to each mushroom
- Place filed mushrooms into slow cooker
- Top with 1/4 cup of cheese onto each mushroom
- Cook on HIGH for 45-60mins depending on size of your mushroom - or until mushroom is cooked and cheese melted
- A great low carb breakfast or lunch
- Change the stuffed mushroom fillings to suit your personal tastes
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
10 thoughts on “Morning Mushrooms – Low Carb Friendly”
Sounds great! Gotta try this one!
Are they filling? ..how many woild u recommend for a man thats a big eater please ?
Two of the really big mushies should do it 🙂
Thanks..cooking them n now..added cayenne to garlic butter and fresh chillies for me
These are very tasty and really filling
Love this ..good for a tasty healthy filling yet not heavy meal anytime of the day 🙂
Has anyone tried this with an egg cracked into mushies? Think I’ll give it a go just for something different and get the protein in…
We have that kind too >>> Mushroom Egg Cups
These lil beauties make a great side dish for steak.
They sound delicious