Submitted by Cheng
- Chuck beef 650g thin sliced
- 1/4 cup (30g) cornflour
- 2 tsp (40ml) olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 spring onion, sliced diagonally into 1cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (65ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (65ml) water
- 1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup (65ml) hoisin sauce
- A dash of sesame seed oil
- Place chuck steak and cornflour in a re sealable plastic bag.
- Shake the bag to evenly coat the chuck steak with cornflour.
- Allow steak to rest for 10min.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook steak until evenly browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Place onion, garlic, chuck steak, spring onion in slow cooker.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, water, ginger, hoisin sauce and sesame seed oil, pour over veg and beef.
- Cook on low setting for about 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Serve with stir-fried vegetable and steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!