Submitted by Robyn Clark
Mock Mulberry Pie with Meringue
- 1/2 cup raspberry cordial
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup currents
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Cornflour to thicken.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Place all the filling ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer about 5 - 10 mins and then thicken with cornflour.
- Meringue: beat egg whites until peaks form then gradually beat in the sugar. Then add the essence and salt and beat another minute.
- Line SC with baking paper and spray with oil.
- Cut short crust pastry and line the bottom and around the edges.
- Pour in the filling and top with meringue.
- 2 hours on Low with tea towel and then remove lid and then 40 - 50 mins on High
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!