Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Mini Caramel Tarts
- 1 can of sweetened condense milk
- 1 pkt gingernut biscuits
- 300 mls thickened cream
- few drops of vanilla (goes on personal taste)
- tsp caster sugar (goes on personal taste)
- Place tin of sweetened condensed milk in slow cooker
- Cover completely with water and cook on HIGH for 4.5 hours
- Make sure water is about an inch above can and top with more water during cooking if you have to.
- Allow to completely cool in water.
- If the can when shaken sounds like milk, you will have to cook it more so just place back in and cook for longer.
- Place gingernut biscuits on an upside down mini muffin tray and place in a 120 oven for around 5 minutes. You want the biscuits to be soft only not crispy
- Shape over the tray and allow to cool.
- *If you don't have a muffin tray, place on a tray to heat then make a dint using a spoon.
- Whip thickened cream adding sugar and vanilla to taste.
- Spoon caramel into biscuits then place cream on top.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think