Easy meatballs in a creamy mex-taco sauce!
- 3L or larger slow cooker
- 2 trays ready-made meatballs (raw) – I used 2 x trays of 20 small pork and veal meatballs per tray
- 300 ml cooking cream
- 300 g jar of salsa – we prefer mild but you can use hot
- 2 pkts taco seasoning mix – we prefer the reduced salt version
- Combine the cooking cream, salsa and taco mix and pour into slow cooker
- Place meatballs, raw, into sauce mixture
- Cook on low for 5hrs
- When cooking meatballs, do not stir until at least 2-3hrs into cooking time. The meatballs are then sealed by that point, and you can stir gently to mix through sauce occasionally from then on and they won't break apart at all 🙂
- We served ours on a potato and chive mash
- Note: We use ready-made, raw meatballs in this recipe for a quick easy meal. However, if you prefer to use your own home-made meatballs you can absolutely do so using your usual favourite meatball recipe. Then just add those to the sauce as per recipe and continue.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Mexicano Meatballs”
Are these meatballs suitable to freeze?
I haven’t tried freezing them Michelle but I believe they’d be ok to do so 🙂