Submitted by Samantha Shearer
Mexican Stuffed Capsicums
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Brown Onion - finely sliced
- 3 tsp Mexican Chili Powder
- 425g Mexe-Beans
- 300g Salsa
- 2 cups Brown Rice - cooked
- Large Handful of Shredded Mozzarella
- plus a little extra for the end
- 6 Capsicums/Peppers
- To serve (optional) -
- Fresh Coriander
- Avocado - diced
- Tomato - deseeded & chopped
- Lime Juice
- Spray frypan with some oil - sweat off onions - add mince - stir in Mexican chili -
- lightly brown and let spices release - put aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine the beans, rice, salsa, cheese and mince mixture & mix together really well.
- Chop the tops off the capsicums/peppers, slice gently down insides to remove
- membranes and seeds - fill the capsicums as much as you can with the mixture.
- Spray the inside of your cooker with some oil - stand filled capsicums/peppers up
- Lid on - turn cooker to low - 4 hours (just keep an eye on them as all cookers cook at different rates).
- For the last 10-15 minutes put some more shredded mozzarella on the top of each
- capsicum/pepper - lid on until melted.
- To serve - mix all ingredients together and serve on the side.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think