Submitted by Kathryn Beveridge
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can corn, drained
- I can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped, about 1 large pepper
- 1 cup roma tomato, chopped, about 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped, about 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon Jalapeños
- 2 cups vegetable stock. (I used liquid from corn & chickpea cans)
- shredded cheddar cheese & fresh coriander for garnish
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the uncooked quinoa, corn, chickpeas, black beans, red pepper, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cumin powder, garlic, salt, pepper and chilli sauce inside, stirring until well combined.
- Pour in in the vegetable stock, stir well, and cover the pot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked, season to taste with additional salt and pepper and garnish with cheese and coriander
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!