Submitted by Tanya Halse
Mexican Pulled Pork
- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 whole clove
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Mix all the rub ingredients together.
- If the roast is tied up with butcher string, cut it off and pat the roast dry with paper towel.
- Rub the spice mix all over the roast and marinate in the rub overnight.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker and cook on low for 9 hours or until the pork is fall apart tender.
- Once cooked, remove roast from the slow cooker and pull the meat apart using two forks.
- Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker and toss to coat with the cooking liquid from the roast.
- Serve with tortillas/wraps/salad/sour cream/avocado.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Mexican Pulled Pork”
The best pulled pork recipe ever! A fave in our household!!
Amazing pulled pork ! Thank you for this awesome recipe !