Submitted by Carol Wilkinson
~~Meat Pie with a Twist~~
- 750g premium beef mince
- 1 Large diced onion
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Pkt of Continental Shepard's Pie Powder
- 1Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (More if you have a larger SC)
- 1/2 Pkt potato gems (More if larger SC)
- 2 cups of tasty cheese
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- (Baking paper & cooking oil)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking oil.
- Line SC with baking paper. Line with the Puff Pastry, then put lid on so that the pastry don't dry out.
- Fry mince & onion in frypan, you may need to drain juices if any.
- Sprinkle sachet of Shepard Pie powder mix, can of mushroom soup, the 1/2 cup of water & the 1 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce, then sprinkle on nutmeg.
- When all combined, spoon into SC sprinkle a bit of the cheese on top, then go around the edges 2 rows high, with the Potato Gems.
- Fold pastry over these 2 rows of Pastry. Then layer the rest of the Potato Gems in the middle. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with Tea towel.
- Cook for for 3 Hours on high, it will come out golden but you just need to put in oven for 10 just to brown the top.
- My SC is a 3.5..So you might have to just gauge time with your SC
- We had this with Chips & Salad~Delishhhhhous Pie...
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think