Submitted by Karen Melinz
Meat Cake (Dog Friendly)
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE (human grade, for the whole family to enjoy)
- Mince 500 grams
- Eggs x 2
- Stock Cube x 1
- Tomato Paste x 1 small tin (100 ml approx)
- Carrot x 2
- Green Beans
- Broccoli Stem (or any other suitable veg)
- Potato x 3 (cooked and mashed)
- Beetroot juice (for colouring)
- Crack and whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Add tomato paste and crumble in the stock cube to the egg mix.
- Whisk to combine.
- Wash, peel and chop veggies.
- Add mince and veggies to egg mix, and combine through.
- Pack 'cake' mix into ramekins, or loaf tin.
- Place in slow cooker, with lid on, with tea towel underneath the lid.
- Cook for 2 hours on high, then 2 hours on low. I used a 6ltr size slow cooker that runs quite hot.
- Peel, cook and mash the potato.
- Add beetroot juice to mashed potato and mix through.
- Once cooked, remove meat cakes from slow cooker and take out of ramekins/loaf tin.
- Spread 'icing' on top of the meat cakes.
- *Please note: Slow Cooker Central hold no liability for the suitability of this meal for your 4 legged friend. This recipe, and all pet food recipes, are member submitted. Please make your own decision on what is suitable and safe for your pet*
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think