Submitted by Natasha MacDonald
Massaman Beef Thai Curry
- 1kg or more beef
- 1x 120grm jar of Massaman curry paste (I used valcoms)
- 1x 400ml Canned coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken liquid stock
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 cardamon pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Chop up beef, onion and potatoes into large chunks add to slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the paste, coconut milk, chicken stock, brown sugar and lemon juice. Stir until combined then pour over the beef, potato and onion.
- Crack open the pods to release fragrance and place into the slow cooker with the bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on high for 6 hours stirring occasionally
- Serve on a bed of rice.
- Please note don't eat the pods, cinnamon stick or bay leaves -remove before serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!