January 23, 2015
4 hrs 15 mins
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Mixed Spice
1 1/2 cup White Vinegar (375ml)
1 tsp Salt
2 small Onions... chopped
1/4 tsp Paprika
1 Green Pepper... chopped
1/2 cup Sultanas
1 tsp Minced Garlic (or 1 clove)
1 1/4 kg ripe Mangoes (2 1/2lb)
1 Lemon... thinly sliced
1kg Pawpaw (2 lb)
1 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
small bunch Purple Grapes (halved)
11. In Slow Cooker mix together the sugar, vinegar, onions, pepper, garlic, lemon, cinnamon, mixed spice, salt, paprika and sultanas.
22. On Low, stirring constantly, simmer until sugar dissolves.
33. On High, bring to the boil,
44. Reduce to LOW to simmer uncovered for approx. 1 1/2 hr until thick.. stirring occasionally.
55. While simmering sauce.. slice the mangoes and remove the seeds. I left the peel on and cut smaller.
66. Peel and slice Pawpaw and remove seeds.. (I already had this frozen)
77. Cut grapes in half or quarters
88. Add mangoes, pawpaw and grapes to the syrup, leave on low to simmer with lid on until the fruit is
9tender... (I left for approx 2 hours)
109. Pour into warm sterilized jars and cover with layer of grease proof paper and screw top lids or use 2 layers of grease proof paper and one layer of foil.. tie securely with string.
Submitted by Marion June Poke
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.