Submitted by Susan Kukola
Maltese Pasta bake
- About 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce,
- 500 grams ricotta,
- 2 cups milk,
- 4 eggs,
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese,
- 1 1/4 packets penne pasta that is already 1/2 cooked.
- White sauce cheats way.
- 1 litre milk
- 1/3 Cup corn flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix pasta sauce, ricotta, 2 cups milk, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese. Mix well. Then add half cooked Pasta and mix well again. Pour into sprayed Slow cooker.
- Mix milk, corn flour add salt & pepper to taste. Whisk until corn flour is blended well. Microwave for around 8 minutes whisking every 2 minutes or so until thick.
- Add eggs and 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese and whisk well.
- Pour onto pasta mix and sprinkle with extra Parmesan and grated cheese, cook on low for 3-4 hours depending on your slow cooker. With tea towell under lid.
- If you wish to add grated veggies feel free too.
- Brown top under Grill.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Maltese Pasta bake”
A simple, base recipe. It is slightly bland so added onion, garlic, chicken and veges f choice. Used GF pasta, i don’t feel that need to pre semi cook pasta.
I thought this recipe also contains minced meat?
Absolutely delicious, I used a homemade spaghetti bol sauce as this was how I interpreted the recipe.