Submitted by Yvonne Chapman
- 400g pk soft eating Licorice chopped finely
- 2 cups boiling water
- 0ne pk moist vanilla cake mix
- 2 -3 cups Desiccated Cocanut
- One teaspoon vaills.
- Place a teatowel under slow cooker lid and switch on high to heat up.
- Chop Licorice.
- Add to slow cooker Licorice and boiling water, stir and place lid back on. Stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- On a plate place coconut and cover with plastic wrap.
- In a bowl mix cake mix according to pack, replacing butter for vegetable oil instead.Adding one teaspoon of vanilla extra. Beat.
- Keep checking Licorice sauce and stirring. It wont all melt there will still be bits in sauce. Add extra hot water as necessary and stir in to keep a consistent melted chocolate texture.
- Add cake mix to greased and lined tin. Bake in oven for 18 minutes on 140 fan forced or 160 regular oven.
- Keep stirring sauce adding more hot water as necessary.Sauce should be a thick but watery texture like melted chocolate. Switch to low on slow cooker and place lid back on.
- Place cake on cooling rack. When cool slice into little 6cm to 8cm squares.
- Working quickly, dip cake into hot sauce then roll in coconut, repeat.
- Place lamingtons in a single layer in fridge for 2 hours to set.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think