Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Lemon/lime curd baked cheesecake
- 1 pkt sweet biscuits crumbed (I used scotch finger)
- 80gms melted butter
- 500gms cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 300ml sour cream
- 375ml lemon/lime curd (I made my own and recipe is on this website)
- Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Will look a little crumbly but don't be tempted to add more butter as it will press down and moisture will also be added from topping.
- Press in a tin lined with alfoil and then baking paper, this will make it easier to get out of your tin later without the baking paper ripping.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat till smooth.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Fold in curd, keeping some aside.
- Pour into tin then swirl rest of curd on the top.
- Put a couple of inches of water in sc then a rack or scrunched up foil balls.
- Place tin in sc making sure it isn't in water then cook on high with tea towel under lid for 3hrs or until centre doesn't have a watery consistency when knife is placed in.
- This has a tarty taste so if you don't like that replace lemon/lime curd with caramel, chopped fruit or whole berries 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Lemon/lime curd baked cheesecake”
This cheesecake turned out so good I could have eaten the whole thing! I did reduce the sugar to about 3/4 of the 1/2 cup and cooked it about 3.5 hours in my Crockpot Express XL. I found it wasn’t overly sweet or rich, and the lemon curd not to be too tart (I prefer lemon to be tart than too sweet, personally.). Will definitely make again, and might try with other options like caramel or berries.