Submitted by Robyn Clark
Lemon Date Dumplings
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup SR. Flour
- Place all syrup ingredients in your SC on high.
- Cream together butter and sugar, add egg, then add SR flour
- Roll into dumpling size and place a date inside each dumpling.
- Drop into the syrup and cook on high for 1 hour with a tea towel under the lid.
- Take the lid off after an hour until ready to serve and the dumplings will go crisp on the top.
- Serve with fresh cream or IceCream
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!