Submitted by Louise finch
Lemon cake with crunchy caramelised lemon topping
- Lemon cake.
- 3 eggs
- 6oz caster sugar
- 6oz marg
- 6oz sr flour
- 1-1.5tsp lemon extract
- 50ml lemon juice 3oz caster sugar
- Demerara sugar
- Beat all cake ingredients together until smooth. Pour into liner in 3.5l sc and cook on high for two hours with tea towel.
- Once baked, remove from slow cooker to cool a little.
- Boil 50ml lemon juice with 3oz caster sugar approx rapidly until it starts to change to a golden colour. Remove from heat and pour over cake carefully.(Place a plate under the cooling rack to catch any extra lemon caramel as it's a pain to get off surfaces and very hot!)
- Sprinkle with Demerara sugar liberally.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!