Submitted by Samantha Borchers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg premium beef mince
- 750g sliced mushrooms
- 160ml (2/3 cup) red wine
- 2 x 700ml btls passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1.5 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
- 500g dried lasagne sheets packs
- Besciamella (bechamel sauce)
- 125g butter, chopped
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1.5L (6 cups) milk, warmed
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 55g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Follow steps from this recipe - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23005/lasagne
- Feel free to add any vegetables (or omit mushrooms I added in the above ingredients) at the mince cooking stage. Carrot, spinach, zuchini, maybe some pearl barley? The choice is yours! I also had added about 90g of cheese (I had a mixed 4 cheese packet) into the bechamel, and did not measure the amount of cheese to go on top.
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking oil.
- Layer ingredients into slow cooker insert (don't top with cheese yet). USE A TEA TOWEL UNDER THE LID!
- Cook for 2-2.5 hours on HIGH or until knife is inserted into lasagne with extreme ease.
- Cover lasagne with cheese.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad so at least something healthy is on your plate 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think