Submitted by Brianna Phillips
Lamb shank stew
- 4 lamb shanks
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1 cup of water optional
- 1 Soup pack chopped (contains onions, potato, celery, parsnip, swede, carrots and parsley)
- Salt and pepper
- Peel veg and chop up roughly add to slow cooker.
- Dust lamb shanks with flour and lightly brown in pan and add on top of prepared veg in slow cooker
- Put a generous teaspoon of tomato paste on top of each lamb shank and smear over the shank with back of spoon add entire container of beef stock till half covers shanks (if need add a cup of water to make sure they are little bit covered but not all the way) tear up parsley and scatter around dish and crack pepper and salt.
- Cover and cook for 8 hrs on low.
- When done you can either pull bones out and shred meat then add back to soup or you can serve the shanks whole with soup on top and served with mash potato or rice.
- Enjoy 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think