Submitted by Kelly Hicks
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2 diced onions
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 400g tin of tomatoes
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- Dry French onion soup mix
- 250ml water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Good dash of mint sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 4 tablespoons of chicken gravy powder
- Place your lamb shanks in the slow cooker and put diced onion, mushroom, garlic, rosemary and tin tomatoes on top.
- Combine your French onion soup mix with 1 cup of water and pour over shanks with your red wine and mint sauce.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low
- When your shanks are ready place 4 tablespoons of gravy powder in a 2 cup capacity jug and gradually add stock from your slow cooker stirring until you have 2 cups of gravy. Pour over your shanks and enjoy! I usually add a little more mint sauce in the gravy too
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Lamb heaven”
Thank you for a great recipe, it was delicious. Followed your recipe exactly and it was so good. Added some mint jelly for extra taste just before serving – so good.
This is to die for!!! I did 6 lamb shanks and doubled the tin tomatoes and instead of using rosemary I used the master foods packet called perfect for lamb which has rosemary,garlic,thyme. I also cut up 2 chorizos and added them at the start this meal is an absolute favourite!! Highly recommend xx