Submitted by Brett “Tyga” Danvers
"Kicker" Curried Snags (sausages)
- 12 good quality thin sausages ( I'm using Italian snags)
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 carrots, one diced, one cut into coins
- 10 chat potatoes chopped in half leave skin on (or 5 small potatoes chopped into chunks)
- 3 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 4 tbs Rogan Josh curry paste (or any curry paste you like)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 150g green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Kernels from 1 fresh cob of corn
- **you can use any veggies you like, even frozen chunky mixed veg (defrosted) **
- Step 1.
- Spray SC insert with oil and sear snags and set aside (my SC has a searing function) use a pan if needed.
- Step 2.
- Add all the vegetables (reserving the peas and beans) and fry for 3 mins. Then add the curry paste and mix into the vegies and fry for 2 mins or until fragrant.
- Step 3.
- Add the snags back to SC then add the stock and mix it in. Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Step 4.
- Remove snags 1 hour before serving and cut each snag into 4 (you can leave whole if you like) Then add them back into your SC along with the Peas and Beans.
- Serve with some crusty bread or Naan
- I served mine topped with greek yoghurt and parsley
- Thicken with corn flour if you want too.
- *NOTE you could leave out the potato and serve on mash or rice but i like the potato in this as it takes on the curry flavor and helps to thicken sauce
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!